City Federal Credit Union.
(Formerly Virtual Branch)
Amarillo City Federal Credit Union was organized on March 12, 1948 for City of Amarillo Employees. At year-end 1948, the Credit Union had 240 members, assets of $9,195 and loans of $6,258. Today the Credit Union operates with basically the same field of membership and the continued support of the City of Amarillo and city employees.
The Credit Union was originally operated out of a desk drawer in the city auditorium and continued to be operated from office space in the auditorium until January, 1967, when it relocated to the new city municipal facilities. The credit union moved from municipal facilities to its current location at 9th and Lincoln in the summer of 1972.
“CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION BELIEVES IN THE PHILOSOPHY OF PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE AND OPERATES FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING QUALITY FINANCIAL SERVICES AND PRODUCTS TO MEMBERS IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER AT THE LOWEST POSSIBLE COST.”